I am often asked what it is we do at Enterprise Tax Centre (“ETC”). This might appear to be a silly question. Most of the population can probably hazard a reasonable guess from the firm’s name. Yes, of course, we are tax advisers. But that can mean many things.
Your ‘bolt on’ tax partner
First of all, and for the avoidance of doubt, we are a service provider and not a product provider.
The big idea is that we act as a white label or bolt on tax partner service for other professionals – whether they are accountants, lawyers or other professional service firms.
We sit down with Clients, assess their personal and commercial needs, and then build the tax planning around it. One might rather sanctimoniously describe this as ‘proper tax planning’.
Three benefits to other professionals of using ETC
I am reliably told that all good things come in three.
Therefore the three benefits of using ETC can be distilled as follows:
- We can Enhance the client offering – For example, we can sit alongside an accountants as their tax partner, whilst they tender for work against bigger rivals and providing them with specialist tax input;
- We can Protect their clients from other firms who may have a full time tax team; and
- We can help generate additional fees – this is through both a formal fee sharing agreement and, in addition, the creation of additional tax returns, accounts work and legal advice.
Specific areas of specialism
- International SMEs – cross border trading, business and investment;
- International families – non-doms and / or non-UK resident persons;
- Profit extraction planning and use of surplus cash;
- Structuring of a new or existing trading (including Seed EIS and EIS) or investment business;
- Inheritance Tax (IHT) and Estate Planning to mitigate Capital Gains Tax (CGT);
- Non-UK resident persons investing in to the UK;
- Advice in relation to trusts, settlements and other structures such as Family Investment Companies (FICs);
- Property tax advice;
- Business reliefs such as Research and Development reliefs and Capital Allowances
Please click here for our full brochure
If you have any queries or would like to find out more then please get in touch