Senior Tax Manager/Associate Director
Altrincham - £DOE
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager or Associate Director from either a Mixed Tax or Private Client Tax background to join our brilliant team in our vibrant, modern and well-located office in Altrincham.
As a Senior Manager or Associate Director level you will obviously need to possess strong and proven technical skills, and to be able to advise clients across a wide range of tax related matters. However, what is equally as important is the contribution you will make to the practice overall. As a small firm we value the contribution that each of our team members bring, and as a Senior Manager/Associate Director you will have the opportunity to work closely with the Directors to help shape the future and continued success of the business.
As such, you will be given the autonomy to lead and drive the growth of our tax services as you see fit, (with support from the wider team and the directors).
You will be expected to make suggestions to improve business processes and efficiency, as well as being involved in mentoring developing, coaching and supporting our junior team.
At Associate Director level, you will also be required to lead strategic projects in certain areas, such as marketing, finance, IT and systems or Learning & Development; as well as being involved in helping set the business plan, budget and strategic objectives.
Main duties and responsibilities:
As a Senior Manager/Associate Director at ETC you will be able to identify client problems and be able to propose appropriate solutions, preparing technically and grammatically accurate proposals and reports on clients’ tax matters. You will also need to review reports prepared by more junior members of the team to ensure both technical and grammatical accuracy.
You will possess a thorough understanding of the legislative frameworks and HMRC guidance governing the UK tax system and keep up to date with relevant changes to those, to expand your own understanding and proficiency, and to ensure that knowledge is shared with the wider team. You will also have developed an expertise in one or two areas of specialism as a ‘go to’ person.
- Leadership skills and behaviour in line with ETC’s values.
- Proven performance as a Tax Manager/Senior Manager.
- Ability to manage – directly and indirectly – a portfolio of client work.
- Prioritisation and time management skills essential.
- A strong communicator – written and verbal
- A mentor and role model
- Strong commitment to the highest standards of client service.
For Associate Directors in addition to the above you will also need:
- Entrepreneurial attitude and an enquiring mind.
- High levels of personal drive and ambition to contribute to the long-term success of the business.
- Able to come up with innovative, commercial solutions to clients’ tax problems.
- Able to build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Driven, dynamic and proactive with the tenacity to want to succeed in the role.
- Role model for positive behaviours within the business
- Willing to challenge what we do and how we do it, to ensure the business is operating as effectively as possible.
- Ability to work under pressure as situations demand.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to build, manage and grow relationships.
- Flexible and able to adapt to change.
To apply: Please upload your CV and a short cover letter outlining your suitability for this role via the ‘apply’ button on this page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org