Property Tax Senior Manager
Altrincham - £DOE
A Property Tax Manager at ETC is expected to possess strong and proven technical skills and knowledge. You are able to advise clients across a wide range of property tax matters. You will have particular experience of advising property investors and property developers as well as advising on SDLT matters.
You will likely be a member of ETC’s senior management team; and will share responsibility for the delivery of existing business as well as the development of new business.
You may also manage a team of Tax Managers or Assistant Managers.
You will be expected to make suggestions to improve business processes and efficiency and to help the business grow.
In all respects you will be an ambassador and role model for junior members of the team, upholding and demonstrating our company values.
Main duties, responsibilities and expectations:
- Identify client problems and able to propose appropriate solutions
- Prepare technically and grammatically accurate proposals and reports on clients’ tax matters
- Review reports prepared by more junior members of the team to ensure technical and grammatical accuracy
- Provide high-quality deliverables at all times, thereby strengthening the ETC brand in the marketplace.
- Has a thorough understanding of the legislative frameworks and HMRC guidance governing the UK tax system and keeps up to date with relevant changes to those to expand own understanding and proficiency and to ensure team are kept up to date with those changes, as appropriate.
- Has developed an expertise in one or two areas of specialism, and, as such, the “go to” person within the company for such
- Determines appropriate commercial terms for jobs
- Ensures the commercial and financial aspects of jobs in respect of which you are the job manager are well managed, and that, wherever possible, jobs are delivered within budget
- Deliver annual billing target as agreed with the directors
- Reviews and monitor own productivity and “return on investment”, as well as that of any direct reports
- Dealing with website and phone enquiries and leads
- Adds leads to our practice management system in accordance with company policy and ensures those leads are kept up to date and followed up to achieve maximum possible conversions
- Maintains a network of contacts that the firm works with to support clients and that can refer work to the firm
- Able to spot opportunities to upsell and/or cross-sell whether internally, or in relation to the firm’s or own network of contacts
- Contributes to writing articles and know-how, for use both internally and externally
- Looks for opportunities to promote the services of the company on social media, at networking events, seminars or otherwise.
- Delivers or supports delivery of workshops and seminars, (whether internally, to clients, potential clients or to contacts of the firm)
- Develops ETC business in own specialist field(s) through relevant marketing and business development activities supported by a business plan
- Contributes to and makes suggestions for firm wide marketing strategy
- Attends and contributes to the monthly management meeting
- Effectively handles multiple client deliverables simultaneously.
- Deals with queries from both clients and third parties, including HMRC, in a timely manner.
- Willing and able to make suggestions to improve the efficiency of the business and its processes
- Day to day point of contact for specific clients, contacts and introducers; and ensures those relationships are maintained
- Provides adequate briefing, supervision and training for junior staff, and ensures that any direct reports are effectively managed, engaged and fully supported
- Assists in recruitment and training, as required.
- Ensures promotion of company values and behaviours throughout the company
- Proactively participates as part of the management team – not afraid to challenge
- Clear understanding of business goals and able to suggest ways to help the company meet these goals
- Responsible for the commercials of and billing for own matters, with a focus on productivity and recoverability
- Role model for company values
- Driven, with a clear vision of how your specialist areas should grow
- Support and mentors more junior members of the team; both direct reports and otherwise
- Leadership skills and behaviour in line with ETC’s values.
- Proven performance as a Tax Manager.
- Likely to possess 5+ years of relevant experience post CTA.
- Ability to manage – directly and indirectly – a portfolio of client work.
- Prioritisation and time management skills essential.
- A strong communicator – written and verbal.
- A mentor and role model
- Strong commitment to the highest standards of client service.
Role Expectations as Senior Manager
- Driven, dynamic and proactive with the tenacity to want to succeed in the role
- Role model for positive behaviours within the business.
- Willing to challenge what we do and how we do it, to ensure the business is operating as effectively as possible.
- Ability to work under pressure as situations demand
- Able to demonstrate the ability to build, manage and grow relationships
- Flexible and able to adapt to change
- Authority to manage any direct reports day to day, including completing performance review meetings
- Authority to manage all direct reports HR issues with support from Line Manager and HR.
- Authority to approve holiday requests for direct reports
- Authority to negotiate costs for marketing activities
- Authority to request invoices to be raised
- Authority to sign off fee quotes and proposals
- Authority to issue client proposals and reports
- Authority to attend client meetings without more senior support
- Authority to make and accept referrals
- Authority to agree terms for introducers/referrers
- Authority to request that written content be uploaded to the website or social media and/or to upload that content yourself
Expectations of behaviour in relation to company core values
- Must be honest, with self and others, including colleagues and clients.
- Must value self and others, including colleagues and clients.
- Must be able to demonstrate collaborative working by encouraging and supporting each other to work as a team.
- Must consider ways to enhance the business either individually or as a team.
- Must be enterprising –shows initiative and resourcefulness.
To apply: Please upload your CV and a short cover letter outlining your suitability for this role via the ‘apply’ button on this page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.