Practice Manager/Office Manager
Altrincham - £DOE
Practice Manager/Office Manager – Tax Consultancy – Altrincham (Full-time)
Summary of Role:
The role of Practice Manager is fundamental to the effective running of ETC Tax’s operations. As such you will assume a wide and varied range of duties, supporting the company directors with the smooth running and operation of the practice, and managing the business administration function.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Meet and greet clients attending the office presenting a positive and professional image of the company.
- Answer telephone/check voicemail and pass on messages to other staff members in a timely fashion.
- To ensure all company mail is dealt with on a day-to-day basis, including collecting, sorting, scanning and distributing incoming mail and to prepare all outgoing mail to be sent for posting using the appropriate service.
- Scan and electronically file documents as required using the company naming and saving conventions
- Provide administrative support to the team.
- Provide assistance with diary management for the tax team.
- To organise internal and external meetings.
- To book all company accommodation and travel.
- Process directors’ expenses.
- To book training courses for team members as instructed by the L&D Manager and/or the Directors.
- To produce the staff car parking rota.
- To organise team away days and social events.
- Set-up new employees with new keys, stationery and equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring all equipment is checked and stored safely for all those employees who leave the business.
- Work with team to identify any recurring or wide reaching IT problems and liaise with IT company to ensure those are resolved.
- Carry out monthly audits of all archive files.
- Monthly file spot checks.
- Tax administration support (as required)
- Dealing with all aspects of client take-on procedures, including anti-money laundering checks, new engagement letters and initial invoices
- Responsible for maintaining and improving client engagement (new job forms, engagement letters, terms and conditions; assisting in seeking, implementing and maintaining a client onboarding system).
- Set up and maintain client and matter records on the practice management system
- Manage meeting room calendar and ensure meeting rooms are maintained and set-up as required.
- Maintain offices to a high standard, ensuring any maintenance or repair work is undertaken
- Manage and organise office cleaning.
- Liaise with the business’ landlord(s) with regards to their obligations.
- Organise annual fire equipment service and PAT testing.
- Overall responsibility for H&S in ensuring the office is well maintained and a safe environment in which to work
- Maintain the first aid kit and regularly check to ensure this is appropriately stocked
- Ensure office supplies, stationery, and consumables are always available to meet the needs of the practice.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the business systems and identifying opportunities for business improvement.
- Liaise regularly with Tax Team to identify additional areas in which the Business Administration Team can support them.
- Maintain effective records of precedent documents such as client engagement letters and advice letters.
- Responsible for costs within Business Administration and work with the FD in relation to the budget and cost reduction / management. Identify cost savings within Business Administration.
- Management of all supply contracts including retendering at appropriate times.
- Responsible for firm insurances (including PI, Cyber and Office Essentials).
- To negotiate new contracts with suppliers as directed by the Managing Director.
- Manage office capacity and identify timing and location of additional office space.
- Ensure appropriate cover across Business Administration at all times.
- Follow up completed jobs to ensure relevant precedents are produced and knowledge shared.
- To manage the company’s AML policies and procedures and to keep the same up to date and ensure all staff receive the training they need on this.
- To ensure the firm complies with the requirements of GDPR and other data protection legislation.
- Willingness to take on a wide range of duties
- Good organisational skills and ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Ability to prioritise and manage own time
- Proactive approach to own role – able to make suggestions to improve process and increase efficiency – not afraid to challenge
- Able to adapt to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keen eye for attention to detail
- Must be able to demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude’ and show initiative and good problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in a busy office environment, (ideally in the legal or accountancy sector, although this is not critical)
- Computer literate with a good all-round knowledge of Microsoft office, including Word and Excel in particular.
- The ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information effectively with tact and diplomacy.
- Business administration, CIPD or CIM qualifications may be advantageous but are not required
- Touch typing & shorthand would be useful, but not essential.
Hours of work: Full-time; either 9am-5:30pm or 9:30pm-6pm Monday to Friday
Location: Altrincham. Note – the role is office based. (We have a full Covid risk assessment in place and are operating within government guidelines).
Salary: Market rates; salary commensurate with experience
To apply: Please upload your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the job to via the ‘apply’ button on this page, alternatively you can send via email to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 14th June 2021.