Mixed Tax Manager
Altrincham - £DOE
We are looking for an experienced Mixed Tax Manager (or an aspiring Assistant Tax Manager) to join our brilliant team in our vibrant, modern and well-located office in the Altrincham.
This is a tax advisory role (with very little compliance) that will allow you to grow your skills and experience in all areas of tax, and offer you the opportunity to build your career to its highest potential rather than being boxed in.
Main duties and responsibilities:
As a Tax Manager at ETC you will possess strong technical skills and knowledge and be able to advise clients across a wide range of tax related matters.
You may be required to operate as a line manager, overseeing the workload and deliverables of a small team of Tax Advisers and/or Assistant Managers.
You will be the day-to-day contact for many clients’ matters and must take full ownership of these matters. You will also work with senior management on a number of shared matters. In addition, you will likely be a key point of contact for a number of key contacts of the firm.
You will be able to identify client problems and able to propose appropriate technical and commercial solutions or alternatively to make suggestions for solutions for review by senior management
You will be able to prepare technically and grammatically accurate proposals and reports on clients’ tax matters, ensuring they are reviewed by a Senior Tax Manager, Associate Director or Director where, in your view, this is appropriate and/or needed.
You will review reports prepared by Tax Advisers and possibly Tax Assistant Managers to ensure technical and grammatical accuracy, such reports to be sent directly to the client and/or reviewed by a Senior Tax Manager, Associate Director or Director, as required.
You will possess a thorough understanding of the legislative frameworks and HMRC guidance governing the UK tax system and keep up to date with relevant changes to those. Regularly following industry trends and changes relating to tax matters in order to expand own understanding and proficiency and ensures team are kept up to date with those changes as appropriate.
You may have developed one or two areas of specialism within and will work alongside a Senior Manager or Associate Director to grow those areas of the practice in order to become a “go to” person within the company for such, whilst maintaining the ability to operate as a generalist tax adviser.
- Proven experience in tax advisory
- Likely to possess at least two years of relevant experience post CTA.
- Attention to detail, initiative, and problem-solving skills
- Prioritisation and time management skills essential
- Commitment to high standards of client service
- A strong communicator – written and verbal
- Experience managing others desirable.
- Driven, dynamic and proactive with the tenacity to want to succeed in the role.
- Able to manage any direct reports effectively
- Role model for positive behaviours within the business.
- Willing to challenge, what we do and how we do it, to ensure the business is operating as effectively as possible.
- Ability to work under pressure as situations demand.
- Flexible and able to adapt to change
- Takes full ownership of matters
To apply: Please upload your CV and a short cover letter outlining your suitability for this role via the ‘apply’ button on this page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.