Business Support Assistant or Apprentice
This is a fantastic opportunity for a committed individual looking to gain valuable experience in business administration within a supportive, varied, and engaging office environment. You will work as part of the business support team assisting our tax qualified staff in a variety of areas, such as HR, finance, marketing, office management and client engagement. The role plays a vital part in the administration support of the business.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Receiving incoming calls and transferring calls effectively or taking accurate messages
- Scanning and saving documents to correct client or supplier files
- Updating information accurately in the various databases and software systems utilised by the business
- Handling of communications by mail and email
- General administration duties such as photocopying, archiving, scanning, answering enquiries
- Supporting a variety of routine business support administration tasks from the HR Manager, Marketing Co-ordinator, Finance Assistant and Office Manager
- Updating internal contact list
- Administration of the company’s contact database, including ensuring all details are accurate and up to date; and running and creating reports
- Making calls to clients to ask for feedback once jobs are complete
- Posting content on social media
- Updating website content tracker
- Helping organise seminar packs and ensuring all knowledge (including Powerpoint slides) are saved to the company database
- Assisting with marketing campaigns
- Helping keep track of marketing and business development activity
- Assisting with HR initiatives such as employee engagement activities and ETC Tax Excellence Scheme.
- Updating the HR Portal
- Helping to update and develop HR process Documents
- Uploading purchase invoices
- Helping to deal with equipment faults and IT support issues and reporting these to the relevant third parties to be resolved
- Assist in the processing of maintaining and ordering stationary supplies
- Assisting with monitoring and managing meeting room bookings, as well as the car parking and whereabouts rota
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post
- Assist with managing diaries
- Meet and greet visitors arriving at the office
- Ensuring meeting rooms are clean and tidy and well stocked
- Recording minutes of meetings
- Making travel arrangements for staff
- To assist in the client take-on process, as directed by the Office Manager
- Scheduling and making calls to clients to satisfy anti-money laundering requirements
You will be a bright and energetic individual with an excellent telephone manner. You should be professional, organised and reliable and must be able to work as a part of a team. You should have good attention to detail and should be able to prioritise and perform multiple projects and tasks.
Applications will be accepted from those wishing to undertake an apprenticeship, or from school or university leavers with or without previous experience. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 31st October 2021. Interviews will be held in early November for a start date of mid-late November.