Assistant Tax Manager
Altrincham - £DOE
If you are an ambitious tax professional, ATT part or fully qualified looking to further progress and develop your Tax career then consider joining us at ETC Tax.
We can help you reach your full potential and broaden your experience and knowledge of tax within a friendly, supportive and collaborative environment
Main duties and responsibilities:
As an Assistant Manager at ETC you will be involved in a wide range and variety of tax related matters for our clients and will be able to broaden your experience and knowledge of tax, by working collaboratively within our supportive team of experienced and highly regarded tax professionals.
You are expected to deliver high quality, accurate proposals and reports to be reviewed by a more senior member of staff, before delivery to the client.
You will likely be ATT qualified, or part qualified and/or working towards your CTA.
- Computer literate (MS Excel in particular).
- Good numerical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- A good communicator – written and verbal
- The ability to interpret and explain complex legislation to non-specialists
- Excellent time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Able to use initiative
- Willingness to take on a wide range of work.
- A logical and analytical mind with an appetite for learning
- Commitment to high standards of client service.
- Capable of working under pressure
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues
- Flexible and adaptable, with a can-do attitude
- Takes ownership of own matters ensuring that things are followed up appropriately
- Starting to develop specialisms in one or two key areas of tax
- Developing a willingness to challenge how things are done
- Developing commercial awareness
- To be proactive about following things up with clients and or contacts
- Taking ownership of client service delivery whether at proposal stage or when engaged
To apply: Please upload your CV and a short cover letter outlining your suitability for this job via the ‘apply’ button on this page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.