How to make a claim for research and development tax credits 


Andy Wood

Andy is a practical, creative tax adviser who assists a variety of clients in achieving their personal and commercial objectives in the most tax efficient manner.

  • How you make an R&D claim will largely be dictated by timing.
  • Its possible to make a claim up to two years after the end of the relevant accounting period. After this point – you won’t be able to make a claim for R&D relief.
  • It is possible therefore to make an historic claim based on past qualifying expenditure by amending and resubmitting your tax return. A successful claim should result in a cash payment to your business.
  • You can also make an in-year claim or by providing the required information along with your original tax return. Relief is given in the form of a reduced tax bill, as opposed to a cash payment, assuming you are profit-making.
  • ETC Tax are experienced in handling client’s claims from start to finish. Get in touch if you have any queries.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.