Search the ETC Tax Website

Request a callback

Callback Request

Please provide as much detail as possible in regards to the reason for your enquiry so our tax advisers can prepare and tailor their response to reflect your needs. We will endeavour to call you back to discuss your enquiry and you will not be charged for this time.

  • Sign-up to our newsletter

    Newsletter Main Form

  • How to make a claim for research and development tax credits 

    27 March 2020

    Andy Wood

    • How you make an R&D claim will largely be dictated by timing.
    • Its possible to make a claim up to two years after the end of the relevant accounting period. After this point – you won’t be able to make a claim for R&D relief.
    • It is possible therefore to make an historic claim based on past qualifying expenditure by amending and resubmitting your tax return. A successful claim should result in a cash payment to your business.
    • You can also make an in-year claim or by providing the required information along with your original tax return. Relief is given in the form of a reduced tax bill, as opposed to a cash payment, assuming you are profit-making.
    • ETC Tax are experienced in handling client’s claims from start to finish. Get in touch if you have any queries.